In France, Valentine's Day was really only celebrated between couples, and I was told that it was often for un-married couples as more of a "puppy love" type holiday. And I found that to be true in our neighborhood.
Well, that is obviously not true here in America, and the kiddos have had a blast with all the card making. Claire, my little girly-girl, is especially loving all the hearts and pink everywhere in the stores. This weekend we made the classic red and white construction paper hearts then added a few stickers and ribbon. Even Micah joined in on the fun by disturbing whatever Claire was carefully placing on her heart. Haha! However, we also added a fun little gift idea that I found on Pinterest (By the way, Pinterest is super fun! I'm a newbie to it.) We made Valentine smore gift bags. They were super easy to make and not too expensive. Claire and Matthew had fun counting out the right amount of ingredients for each bag.
We placed 6 small portions of graham cracker, 6 marshmallows, and 6 chocolates in a bag.
Then we tied the bag off and it's was as easy as that! We are going to make some nice tags with verses on them to place on them this weekend, but I thought I'd share the idea before Valentine's Day.
Have a beautiful Valentine's Day celebrating the love of God and the love of family.
Baby Update: This Sunday marks week 12! Hopefully the second trimester will bring better health for baby and me. This nausea feels like it's getting the best of me. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who has willingly fed the kids, cleaned the dishes, wrestled with them until bedtime, and then put them to bed during each of my evening sick times. What a guy!
What super cute idea! Hope you start feeling better very soon. Miss you guys.
ReplyDelete