Description

This blog is a melting pot of family life, decorating journals, homeschooling escapades, and a family striving to please God in everything they do!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Normal

ABOUT NORMAL:
This week has been one of rejoicing for me since it is the first week free from morning sickness. I still can't eat much and dairy is completely out of the question, but I'm finally off the couch and even doing all the laundry again! It is funny though, because I remember thinking during those days on the couch that life would be so nice when it gets back to normal. Now I have to laugh at that! There really is no normal for a missionary family in the midst of changing locations. However, I have to admit that a "normal" schedule will be nice again when it comes. Often it can get wearying not knowing what is around the corner (or even knowing it and realizing it's going to get crazy). A couple of months ago I was quite frustrated with this inability to keep things on a schedule or somewhat in a pattern (that's the perfectionist in me coming out), but then a wise friend told me to enjoy this time in between ministries and the daily grind. She advised me to use it as a break from the "normal" ministry life. She was right. This time has been a huge blessing for refocusing as a family, helping out in different ministries, visiting with old friends, and preparing for our future ministry. In fact, we are planning our first camping trip as a family for before our church placement! So now instead of being frustrated by the instability, I'm really trying to thank God for allowing us to have an adjustment time, which of course He planned out perfectly without my opinion of what was best or not. :)


FAMILY UPDATE:
Is it just my children or does every child have a huge growth spurt within a week and nothing fits?! Both my boys have had a growth spurt in the same week, so off to the Salvation Army Superstore I go for some good, everyday clothes. I am so thankful they are healthy and growing, though. Matthew and Micah have been fun to watch lately. They are both growing physically and emotionally. Being boys and close in age causes a lot of competition, but it's fun to see them learn to work together as Jonathan and I train them in the Biblical way to love others. Micah is only 22 months, but they CAN learn and they do learn. I've never been so thankful for God's Word as I have been in raising children.

Claire has been growing so much emotionally also. She has been volunteering more and more to help with things and take care of her brothers. She is going to be amazing with the new baby, and she's very excited to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl in 4 weeks.

Baby 4 is doing great! I had my 15 week appointment and my midwife said this is an active, healthy baby. And active he/she is. I felt this baby at 14 weeks which is 3 weeks earlier than with Micah! So far I've still only gained a pound since my first appointment. Of course, a limited diet does that to a person (not complaining at all).

Nana and Pop-Pop (Jonathan's mom and her husband) are coming for a visit this week, so the kids are working ahead on school work and making lots of plans for when they visit.

Have a blessed week!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I've been thinking and praying for you all and your plans. Glad the nausea is better - I hate feeling physically incapable to do my lists too! Talking about child training, I've been thinkiing of the good example you showed me when I was in your home - it's been a struggle for us lately, with screaming fits over meals, baths, bed time and not really feeling like we both have one method. Anywho, wanted to say that I appreciated seeing your family, and I am sure that you are continuing in that excellent path! Que le Seigneur vous donne de la force et de la grĂ¢ce. Plein de bisous pour toute la famille!

    ReplyDelete